Everyone who has trees desires to have them growing in a healthy manner. There are so many things that can be done as far as the maintenance and care of trees goes, and pruning is one of them. When the trees are pruned, you are bound to get more increase in your yield. There are so many benefits that you will derive from pruning trees.
Reasons for Pruning Trees?
If you have never engaged a professional arborist, then there is a very high likelihood that you have neglected your trees. Here are some of the key reasons why you should get your trees pruned:
- Enhance Growth: When trees grow without being monitored, some branches will stand in the way of others and this can inhibit proper growth. When such parts are pruned, this will create room for every branch to thrive.
- Aesthetic Appeal: You can easily shape your trees into any shape that you want through pruning. By taking off some of the unwanted parts, you will guide the tree to grow into a particular shape, in line with the aesthetics that you want.
- Increased Yield: You can increase the productivity of your fruit trees by pruning the parts that are not bearing fruit. However, only an expert arborist would be in a position to advise you on the areas that need to be pruned.
- Getting Rid of Stubs: In most cases, when some branches are cut off from the trees, there are some stubs that may be left unattended. These may be dangerous for anyone that chooses to climb on the trees. You can get rid of the stubs through pruning.
- Encourage Healthy Trees: Pruning is the process through which you will be able to remove any diseased parts of the plant. You will also get rid of the parts that are affected by pests and this will encourage healthy growth of the trees.
The Right Time to Prune Trees
Trees are living things and will respond to certain processes in a particular way. You should not attempt to prune the trees if you are not an experienced arborist. There are certain types of trees that can bleed sap when pruned in the wrong manner and this will cause them to wither and die. There are specific seasons that would be ideal to carry out the pruning activity for some trees. Unless it is a case of an emergency, you should only have the trees pruned at the right time so as to be able to derive all the benefits that we have discussed above. You can seek for more help in tree trimming and pruning services especially when you are in the city of Wichita Kansas.
Anytime that you feel that your trees are not growing as they ought to, chances are they need to be pruned. You should find a professional arborist who will inspect your trees and advise on the right time to prune. This is a great way to ensure that your trees are growing in the right way. You should not rush to cut down a tree, because it has a few sick parts; the solution may be in pruning it.